Wednesday, March 15, 2006

An entirely reasonable explanation

Why yes, thanks for noticing, I've been away. Well not in the "Moosejaw" sense of away. More in the sense of strangely distant, unfocused, not able to concentrate on anything long enough to -- uh, what was I saying?

I think it's because I'm reeling from the death of Slobodan Milosovec. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a fan. (Granted, dude knew how to pick out a suit, which is cool. But then there's the genocide, ethnic cleansing and mass rapes. Not cool.) But old Slobo's suspected to have died from the effects of unprescribed meds he was secretly popping to exacerbate his medical problems to the point where his War Crimes trial would be halted. And that really hits close to home. As a child, I used to spew out chewed-up soda crackers in fits of feinged vomiting when I wanted to skip out on school. Shit, I could have choked on those crackers. Slobodan Milosovec: there but for the grace of God go I.

So that's why I haven't been blogging. Or eating soup.
*

2 Comments:

At March 16, 2006 2:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always just ran the thermometer under the hot water tap. i was smart enough to know i had to make it hot enough to look like a fever but not so hot that my mum would rush me to emerg.

 
At March 16, 2006 3:53 p.m., Blogger Havril said...

Well, Anon, guess the UN had better never try to bring you before a war crimes tribunal. Hah, what am I saying? -- they'd never catch you to begin with!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home