Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Roadside distraction

This is really sad. I sincerely hope the old guy passed peacefully soon after he pulled over and that the apparent police incompetence had nothing to do with his demise.

Or maybe I shouldn't say "incompetence" just yet. I mean, the RCMP could have some very valid explanation as to why they didn't find him despite checking the vehicle not once but twice in two days...
  • "We thought he was just a really cautious driver."
  • "Before getting a chance to look in the vehicle, the officer was called to a 5-4... um -- psst, Jim, what's the code for the 'hot fresh' sign was on at Krispy Kreme?"
  • "In our expert assessment, he was only mostly dead. What, like you've never watched Princess Bride?"
  • "We suspected it was one of those Just for Laughs pranks. We didn't want to come out looking stupid or anything."
  • "It looked like the terrier had everything under control."
*

7 Comments:

At March 08, 2006 12:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about that too, this morning. Wasn't the car some fancy vintage thing? Surely a cop would've found it weird for a show car to seem "abandoned" on the side of a road for several days? Crap car, yes. Expensive car, hmm.

I think we all want to pretend that nothing's ever wrong. Including cops, who aren't ever supposed to.

 
At March 08, 2006 1:04 p.m., Blogger Havril said...

Gillian. I'm sure some people driving by thought something might be amiss, but then probably figured, "Nah, the cops must be on top of it." As a general rule of thumb, this is a bad assumption.

 
At March 08, 2006 6:49 p.m., Blogger Candace said...

I hope they aren't the same cops that are looking for missing persons. Sheesh.

 
At March 09, 2006 3:40 a.m., Blogger Miss Cellania said...

I found a dead body in a car once. A neighbor. Not fun. Horrific. But I handled it better than the cops did this one.

 
At March 09, 2006 7:04 a.m., Blogger K-Dough said...

One time, I found a suitcase full of TimBits in a body bag, but they were too old and mouldy to eat. So, I looked at the corpse next to me and said "I love Pink Floyd. Do you think the universe contains only 10 original atoms and that one of them is implanted in my brain, so I can actually see the moment the universe was created if I put one finger in a car cigarette lighter and the other hand inside the sleeve of a Nana Mouskouri LP?". The corpse said very little in reply and looked a little disintersted.

Warning: The above is a strange but true story pulled, in excruciating pain, from the vaults of my LSD-tainted memory.

 
At March 09, 2006 1:42 p.m., Blogger Havril said...

K-dough. Were any of the Beatles invloved? Maybe you were the Eggman, koo-koo-kachoo.

 
At March 09, 2006 4:32 p.m., Blogger K-Dough said...

Nope. I was part of they, i.e. I played a bit extra part as one of the eggmen. The pompous eggman went to a snooty theatre school. British bastard.

"K-Dough, be a good eggman and fetch my slippers".

"K-Dough, prop up my pillow and do my nails would you?".

And on and on and on it went. At least I was stoned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home