Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Actually, it's a collection of things

As excuses go, that was pretty bad. I'm ashamed I even went there. So let me be clear: my recent lack of posts and the death of Slobodan Milosevic are unconnected.

No, it was the death of Luna the mischievous whale. Yeah, that's what's got me all messed up. It's not that I'm still all broken up about Luna's untimely, um, pureeing. Don't get me wrong, I was sad. But then my sadness was replaced by a chilling thought: Did he have a mate we didn't know about, one that's now lurking in the cold, dark waters of the South Coast, plotting murderous revenge on the inhabitants of Gold River or Victoria or... Vancouver?!

Could happen. Remember that movie Orca? That whale burned down a town. A whole frigging town!

Anyway, that's why I haven't been blogging. Or bathing. Water. Orcas. Not safe.
*

10 Comments:

At March 15, 2006 11:05 p.m., Blogger Havril said...

OMG. It's already happening.

 
At March 16, 2006 12:19 p.m., Blogger Harding said...

I believe it. In Jaws 3D the shark got out of the tank and swam through the air eating people. He took a big bite out of Michael Caine.

Wait a minute... I may be mixing this movie up with the Muppets...

Anyway, you shouldn't piss off big fish!

Harding

 
At March 16, 2006 12:30 p.m., Blogger Havril said...

Um, I don't mean to be critical, Harding, but an Orca is NOT a fish. It's an amphibian.

 
At March 16, 2006 12:49 p.m., Blogger Derek Richards said...

No it ain't, it is a Mammal, a very large Mammal like me and our Prime Minister. See here http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/story.html?id=f989abfb-4827-4fb1-bdae-3be143e727a2&k=35450

 
At March 16, 2006 1:06 p.m., Blogger DIEF said...

Ya, what the hell happened to Harper in since the election. He plumped up like one of those frozen Pilsbury croissants. I know he's been holed up in his office avoiding the press, and i guess excercise. Couldn't he pace around while he was in there.

 
At March 16, 2006 1:16 p.m., Blogger Havril said...

Mammal, amphibian, whatever -- they're all still insects.

 
At March 16, 2006 2:19 p.m., Blogger Havril said...

Dief. If not pace, he could at least work on having shiftier eyes. Burns more calories than you'd think. That's how George Bush keeps trim. That and sauntering. Sauntering activates the glutes.

 
At March 16, 2006 5:00 p.m., Blogger K-Dough said...

Poor Luna. Anyway, pass the sake and shoyu- it's a sushi party!!!!!!!!

 
At March 18, 2006 10:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sushi party? With Luna? K-dough, you are a monster. Every whale-lover out there knows perfectly well that orca goes best as sashimi or grilled.

 
At March 18, 2006 12:06 p.m., Blogger Havril said...

Or creamed, on toast. I think they call it Shamu on a shingle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home