Monday, February 06, 2006

Best damned cabinet since the one I picked up in the Ikea "as is" area

Wow, I hate to be proven wrong, but I have to say that my initial impressions of the first Cabinet of Prime Minister Stephen Harper (there, I said it) are relatively positive.

One top-notch appointment is Rob Nicholson at the newly created post of Democratic Reform. Smart move. Nicholson is just the man to tackle such blatantly anti-democratic practices as, for example, the appointment to Cabinet of unelected party advisors -- or worse, of Members who have opportunistically switched parties with the promise or expectation of a Cabinet post.

And I say it's about time. I applaud Mr. Harper for this courageous move and I wish Minister Nicholson well in this important work.

Another solid appointment is Michael Fortier at Public Works. Mike is an unelected party advisor who -- er... let's move on.

There's David Emerson at International Trade. David's the right call here given the experience he brings to this crucial post, what with having just sat in the Liberal Cabinet under -- oh. Right.

Um, any word on who was appointed as Secretary of State for Hypocrisy?
*

1 Comments:

At February 10, 2006 8:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny because its true. i do know who the minister of hypocrisy is though. harper has decided to run that portfolio himself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home