Friday, January 27, 2006

A little something to get off his chest?

(Yeah, yeah, I'm still not officially here. But I just had to pop into the office for this...)

Last night, prime minister-designate Stephen Ha.. Haarr -- you know who-- was treated at hospital for a chest inflammation, later diagnosed as an infection.

Thankfully, it's not serious, so I feel it not too insensitive of me to comment -- specifically, to speculate as to the origin of this wee infection.

I'm no doctor, but my guess is it's the bacterial strain: concealus socialus conservatis, which the literature suggests is usually linked to prolonged retention of a hidden political agenda.


UPDATE: I hope our PMD also got inoculated against two other grave afflictions apparently common in our northern climate -- hedonism and cultural Marxism. I wish him well on this front. Unlike most people of my generation, I never had my Marx removed when I was in 20's, so I'm obviously at risk. And a few months ago, I was in bed for a week with a bad case of hedonism.
*

4 Comments:

At January 28, 2006 5:13 a.m., Blogger Aeneas the Younger said...

I like your site. Irreverant and witty - so far.

I, personally, had my neoconservatism removed (it was malignant ...) when I was 24. I have evolved into a full human being since then. Can't say the same for the neocons who are still suffering the tremors and delusions. Poor Buggers.

Welcome to the "World."

ATY

 
At January 28, 2006 1:36 p.m., Blogger Havril said...

Thanks, ATY -- so far. I take it I'm on probation. I'll do my best to not skip out on my community work service hours.

My neoconservatism was irreparably damaged by a stint welfare when I was a child. But I occasionally get twinges of what I assume is "phantom" conservatism (like when somebody can still feel an amputated limb), usually when I'm the phone with a telefundraiser for some charity I've never heard of. Or when I see Ann Coulter on TV and I find myself momentarily picturing her in fetish gear. That's when the real tremors set in.

Hav

 
At February 05, 2006 7:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or maybe the devil had a hard time removing his soul?

 
At February 13, 2006 2:39 p.m., Blogger Havril said...

Anyone that has seen Harper dance knows that his "soul" (in the James Brown sense) was removed long ago, if he every had any.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home